During Initial three months of pregnancy, cramps generally happen because of regular changes that arise during baby development. Pains usually mean the pulling sensation either on one or both the sides of the stomach. Even though it is not considered as the sign for the detection of early pregnancy. These cramps during pregnancy are considered normal. At some time, it can be a matter of concern. Cramps during pregnancy are not only painful, but it can be frightening also. But with little knowledge, women can figure out what factors are causing this discomfort.
What Are The Causes Of Cramps During Pregnancy?
During pregnancy, cramps happen when the uterus expands. It becomes more evident while sneezing, coughing, and changing positions. During the first trimester, cramps can happen from fertilized egg implanting in the uterus as well as the uterus usually is growing.
During the Second-trimester, ligament pain is the most common. Muscles that provide support to the uterus during stretching. Pregnant women might feel sharp and acute pain.
Slight pain that occurs now and then is nothing to worry about. Other cause of normal cramping during pregnancy includes:
- Gas and bloating
- Sexual intercourse
How To Treat Cramping While Pregnant?
If a woman feels minor pain during pregnancy, few measures can be taken for avoidance and self-care.
- Sit down / lie down or change position
- Take a warm bath
- Start doing relaxation exercises
- Keep hot water bottle covered with a towel on the affected area.
- Consume liquid a lot
Some Genuine Concerns For Cramping
Cramping can be frequent, but there are some genuine causes of stomach pain during pregnancy.
- Ectopic Pregnancy- It takes place when fertilized egg implants in the outer of the uterus. This type of pregnancy cause acute pain g and be should be treated on time.
- Miscarriage- Vaginal spotting with acute pain can be a sign of miscarriage. Whereas in some cases, women who face spotting and cramping can have a healthy pregnancy. If pregnant women face sharp pain and heavy bleeding, look for doctor’s advice immediately.
- Preterm labor- Lot of pressure, severe stomach pain can be a sign of preterm labor.
Some More Serious Concerns For Cramping During Pregnancy
- Urinary tract infection – Pain in lower stomach and pain during urination are symptoms of urinary tract infection
- Placental abruption- This occurs when the placenta breaks from the uterus before the delivery. It is severe condition and can be alarmed by hurting cramp that doesn’t go away easily
When To Call Health Care Provider?
If a pregnant woman faces the following issues, it’s good to contact the doctor immediately
- Severe pain that lasts for long.
- Pain in lower abdominal followed by contractions
- Bleeding, discharge, and dizziness.
Mostly women’s during pregnancy feel some mild pains and aches. After all, the body is changing, and it is challenging to carry a growing baby. Cramping is frequent during pregnancy, but it can become a matter of concern at some time. It is difficult to determine whether the pain is mild or severe. Proper medical help and self-care can help avoid it during pregnancy.